Sunday, August 3, 2014

An Evening With Primus – June 16, 2012


An Evening With Primus – June 16, 2012
This was the first time in which I had the pleasure of attending a concert at the Fox Theater in Spokane. I must say, beautiful architecture in the building. I walked in and right away made my way into the merchandise line. This was the first show in which the merchandise booth was using a tablet and credit card swipe to take orders. Just simply sign on the screen and you’re good to go. I purchased a baseball cap, hats always fit the best and last forever. Technology is grand. I walked around the Fox Theater a bit and it has all the bells and whistles of elegance and style. I made my way into the theater itself and walked down one aisle, to the front of the stage and breathed in the ambience.  Looking up towards the balcony and the overall vision…spectacular. I made my way back up the other aisle towards my seat. I was a few more rows back than expected but still a great view.
There was no opening act, it was two special sets by Primus. One was a plethora of hits and moments from their most recent release, Green Naugahyde. The second set was primarily the entirety of Green Naugahyde, then a great encore with Southbound Pachyderm and Tommy The Cat.
Moments – This was a sold out show, very proud of Spokane for recognizing the band! Somewhat. About three songs into the set, Les Claypool noticed the assholes in the first few rows just sitting. He made a point to address their laziness. God bless him! One, you do not go to a Primus show with seats, it’s a waste and you could hear the vibe in the crowd disappointed they could not cut loose. Two, you NEVER sit at a concert in the first place! Especially PRIMUS! The nerve of those lazy pretentious assholes! Les had to point out again at the end of the show that one dude in the front didn’t even budge or motion any enthusiasm to the show. Why show up, dude? I’m sure that makes for a difficult show but Primus was amazing nonetheless. What a treat to hear Green Naugahyde in its entirety. I’m sure the crowd expected more hits but hearing the new album live gains a much deeper respect and appreciation!
I could not help but think of some very dear friends who are usually with me at Primus shows. I wish they could have attended. You know who you are….love you all. Fish on!

No comments:

Post a Comment